Thursday 19 December 2013

Throwback Thursday

I decided to take part in that web trend of 'Throwback Thursday'. I've been seeing other people's photos and I was jealous. I wanted to take part. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of myself in digital format. My brother went through recently the process of scanning some. Him being the first child, he has whole albums just for him. When I came along, my family wasn't that much interested any more! :-) Fortunately, I'm sitting right next to him in some of them. Next year, when I fly back to my hometown, I might take a scanner with me to work on some of my pictures.  

So, I give you this picture of me (on the left of course) and my brother:


We're sitting in our living room in Kavala, in the house where I grew up next to the town's big municipality office. The year is probably around '84. Over our heads is our old 'SABA' television with 8 whole channel buttons! In front of me is one of my all time favorite toys! I can't remember if it had a proper name or not, but we called it 'the bricks'. I used to spend hours after hours building, destroying and rebuilding all kind of structures. I was a small engineer even from that young age. :-D

8 comments:

  1. I think they were called Lincoln Logs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they? I'll google it. I really used to love them. I might get some for my nephew...

      Delete
  2. Kids and toys...great pics at holiday times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to find an old photo of us in front of our old Christmas tree, but couldn't. Maybe next year...

      Delete
  3. Look how cute you were! and still are of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nik, Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's so good to hear from you again.
    I hope you have a fantastic Festive Season.
    xxx
    Juz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you're back. Merry Christmas!

      Delete