Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 in review

Today’s the last day of the year! 2013 is over and it’s been quite a year. There were quite a few milestones along the way. Apart from various smaller incidents that will not have a permanent effect, like having a lodger living with us for months, there’s been some ground breaking news.

My brother got married last June! It was a wonderful ceremony in the Greek island of Syros! The whole journey was wonderful. The island is amazing and seeing my family was great. The ceremony took place in an amazing chapel on the hill overlooking the bay and the reception in a restaurant and bar by the sea. I don’t think the event could have gone any better.


I can’t easily forget the amazing summer holidays I had with JJ! It was the first time I had all these consecutive days off visiting one single area. We went island hoping and forgot all about London and work in the most amazing environment! Paros and Mykonos are really beautiful and worth seeing, the food, the sea, the sun. I know it might get tiresome. We will need to visit other parts of the world, but Greece can be convenient and economic…


Buying a house happened soon after our return to the UK. The whole process was stressful to say the least! However, I can’t be happier. Our new place is a haven that I hope we’ll treasure for a long time. It’s still a work in progress, but even for now it looks and feels astonishing. And it’s all ours! We must have visited at least a dozen of houses. We knew more or less what we wanted and we managed to find it…


What I can’t exclude from this list is my progress in running. I managed to run every single month of 2013. I ran in events in Regent’s Park, Hyde Park and Wimbledon Common. I’ve even raised some money for the British Heart Foundation. I had ran 206.06 miles in 2011 and only 68.96 miles in 2012. But last year I ran 326.21 miles! I’m really happy for this. I feel that I’ve been doing something really good for myself!



We don’t really have any major plans for tonight. JJ is working tomorrow morning and he can’t have alcohol. I’m not that bothered about that anyway. I plan on cooking pastitsio for dinner and we’ll watch the fireworks on the television. The weather will not be that great and we've done the going to the city centre for NYE last year. It’s going to be cosy, nice and warm indoors. 


6 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful year, Nik! So many good things, all well deserved accomplishments. Happy 2014! Behr Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Happy 2014 BehrMark! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I wish the same to you too

      Delete
  3. All the very best to you and JJ in 2014.

    ReplyDelete