Monday 12 March 2012

Birthday boy


I’ve been having some very busy last weeks. I was working the whole next to last weekend. I’m not really used to be working extra days and I’m definitely not getting paid enough for it, but anyway. I had to do it and in a sense I enjoyed taking on the challenge. I might share some more details about it at some other time. I’ve been really busy and that is why I didn’t manage to post anything the last couple weeks.

However, last Saturday, it was my birthday!!! I’ve turned 31! These are some photos I took on that day! After a lovely start of my day, we visited the Olympic Village under construction at Stratford.Today, I have a day off from work. So, I plan to spend outside the house! Catch up with you later!!!

What JJ brought to bed! Homemade pancakes and coffee!!! 

That's how I look at 31... 

Westfields in Stratford 

There's lots of new development in the area 

The Aquatics Centre made by Zaha Hadid and 'The Orbit' by Anish Kapoor

The Olympic Stadium between them 

The surrounding area needs  some cleaning up

The 700 year old Bow Church 

That's the t-shirt JJ got me! I also got 'Mass Effect 3'. :-DDDDDDDDDDDD


PS. Thank you everybody so much for wishing me happy birthday in facebook!  :-)

15 comments:

  1. I didn't think it possible but you're even more handsome at 31!
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday, Nik. Your pics make me nostalgic for England...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Α, είσαι και΄σύ 'ψαράκι'. Εγώ γεννήθηκα 1η μαρτίου. Χρόνια πολλά.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, χαρούμενα γενέθλια for Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good birthday. The pics look terrific, especially of you. About the Olympics... will you be attending any of the events or festivities, or will you be keeping your head down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 31st Nik! Looks as if you had a nice birthday. Hope the celebration can continue through the remainder of 2012 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday! lookin good at 31! looks like you had a yummy start to the day. hope you have a great year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I remember 31... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering when you would 'come out' on your blog about your birthday. Many happy returns again.
    31 ? Ah youth, I miss it so. When I entered into my 30s it seemed life was just beginning. I hope this is so for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @behrmark Thank you. All the best to you too

    @Vilges Suola! Σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ. Χρόνια πολλά και σε σένα. :-)

    @JCLL Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cubby Not really. I haven't tried to buy any tickets. I'll be watching it from the telly. :-D

    @Bosguy Wow. Celebrating the whole '12? That's a good idea!

    @Luuworld These are cupcakes of course, not pancakes, but anyway. They were reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MadeInScotland Ta Ta

    @Jim lol... Were you that drunk? :-p

    @Ur-Spo I couldn't help it. I had to come out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had an excellent birthday-- you don't look a day over 30!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Erik_Rubright Thanks. :-)

    @cb I had a really nice day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete