Monday 7 June 2010

Accomplishments

Don’t really ask me how I did it, but I did! If you ask me now to recreate the same issue, I’m pretty sure I will not be able to do so…

What is it that I managed to do?

I cut my left foot, next to my small toe, using the nail of the small toe of my right foot.
(Yes, you are allowed to read it more than once if it doesn’t make sense).
Yes, I do cut my toe nails (occasionally).
Yes, I am that flexible (apparently).

I was sitting on the floor with my legs crossed (my favorite position to work on my laptop). When I was trying to get up, I clumsily fell. Unfortunately the cut is quite deep, in an inconvenient location when I wear shoes (or walk) and more than 2 cm wide!!

---------------------------------------

On a different and much nicer subject, I’ve booked this week to do my first ever scuba diving lesson! This is something I’ve always wanted to do but I never really managed. I am a fairly good swimmer and I’ve always been fond of the sea since I grew up next to it. Diving however was something my mother feared and forbade us of trying while growing up. Some of her ancestors were divers collecting natural sponges. Back then, in the beginning of the previous century, there weren’t really any safety measures, so most of them grew to have various serious health problems. As a small child she was listening to these stories so she wasn’t very fond of the idea of me and my brother diving.


So, in a couple of days I'm going to the London School of Diving for my first class. I don't expect too much since it is just introductory. It lasts for 2.5 hours though, so I hope I'll get my first look at breathing underwater in a swimming pool. If everything goes well, when I go to the Greek island this summer I'll dive in crystal clear warm waters...

I so want to try that!

OK, I am not going to try anything like that… It’s an amazing video though:


3 comments:

  1. oh wow. sounds real awesome. sorry to hear about the toe though. that dont sound so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! I read it a few times.. translated it in a different language as well, tried to picture the moment and recreate the scene. I really can't understand how you hurt your toe! :D

    But scuba diving sounds cool.. I'm afraid to see what's down there! And can't imagine any fish swimming around me! So good luck and tell us about this ultimate experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Wozzel Thanks. I know. I can't wait...

    @Misiu I know. It needs certain talents to recreate the 'accident'. I can amaze even me. Fish swimming around must be a really nice feeling!

    ReplyDelete