Monday 14 December 2009

I should have seen it coming…

After my quiet night in on Friday, a very busy and tiring weekend followed.

I went running on Saturday morning. I did my 6mi usual run in slightly more than an hour which is embarrassing. I wanted to see some improvement by now. On my defense it was freaking cold and I still had sore muscles from Thursday’s gym session. Not to mention the amount of lasagna I had the night before. However, my race is less than 3 months away and I should get more focused. I want to start systematically running two or three times per week which with the gym workouts will help me achieve the running times I want.
I did go to the gym the same day (as a punishment) with ‘gb’.

The same night we went out. I met ‘gb’ around 8ish and we headed to Soho. We went to ‘Friendly Society’ which I can say is quite a nice place to start your night out and then to ‘Green Carnation’. We met some friends, some friends of the friends and then some other random guys as well. We drank a lot though. I didn’t get drunk (it’s fortunately very difficult for me to do that) but went quite tipsy. We danced a lot. I was hit on by a cute Swiss guy (nice confidence boost) who I turned down politely. I managed to get home around 3:30 – 4:00am.


Unfortunately, I was awoken around 9:00 in the morning. ‘JJ’ texted me as he usually does in the mornings and I couldn’t relax and fall asleep again. The headache, I had, wasn’t helping. I’m getting old and my body can’t deal with such an amount of rum in my veins. Stupidly enough I agreed to go to Westfields. Talking about big mistakes! It was amazingly crowded as expected and the hangover I had made it even worse. I managed to buy a secret Santa present though for my company’s dinner party. I have to go again though to get presents. I still haven’t started my Christmas shopping…

I’ve been chatting through messages a lot with ‘JJ’ these days that he was away. He made a slight scene about me going out on Saturday which I don’t really appreciate. I can only excuse him for being drunk at his friend’s birthday party. I can’t even begin to count how many text messages there were. I fear that the Sunday’s morning text message was sent to check on me as well.

He’s generally been really sweet and kind but I want to discuss that with him. I don't know if I'm overreacting but I do fear we’re going too fast too soon. I still feel very positively about the whole thing. I do like him a lot but I feel that I need to explain that I am not used to be being in a relationship (if we’re in one). I need some time to adjust to the whole situation and me feeling pressured is not helping.

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Nik! I found your blog through Sean's Undie Monday feature today. I'll be coming back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (See my earlier comment) Yep, same issues.

    I'm realizing as well that I'm simply not used to having to compromise with someone else when I want to do something, go somewhere, or stay home. I'm starting to think a relationship may not be a good idea, and that I'd rather just be friends with S (in my case).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully JJ will get over the need to constantly check in. Maybe it's just the newness of the relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @GJ Sorry to hear you feel this way about S. It's not easy allowing someone new in your life. Maybe it's for the best...

    @NL I've decided talk to JJ about it and I'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted

    ReplyDelete